Business angels are private investors who identify promising early-stage companies and provide them with capital, often in exchange for an equity stake. Many are themselves successful entrepreneurs, and leverage their personal expertise to help develop the companies they invest in, nurturing their growth trajectory to steer it towards reaching its full potential.
For high-net-worth (HNW) individuals with £1 million or more in investable assets, business angels can be useful partners – either as co-investors, or as a source of funding for their own business. The best business angels will conduct a rigorous analysis of their potential investments, using their entrepreneurial nous to ensure that their capital is deployed in a wise and effective way.
Many of the advisers in the Spear’s index have established networks, allowing a form of peer review to flourish, and smaller but still substantial investments to be made from a number of sources, amounting to the injection of cash that will spur these early businesses on to great things.
Spear’s publishes annual rankings of the top private client advisers and service providers to HNWs. These are drawn up on the basis of peer nominations, client feedback, telephone and face-to-face interviews, data supplied by firms, as well as information gathered by the Spear’s editorial and research teams.
The angel investors featured are included in the table below, along with their Spear’s ranking and focus.
Click on the individual names to be directed to more detailed profiles of each adviser on spears500.com. (The table is ordered by ranking and then alphabetically by surname.)
To explore all the Spear's indices, and to use our find-an-adviser tool to identify the private client adviser who is right for your specific requirements, go to the Spear's 500 website.
To receive relevant research updates from Spear’s – and thereby give you and your firm the best chance of being included in future Spear’s indices – please register here.
If you are an adviser featured in index and would like to update your profile or provide additional information, please email email@example.com.
- The best security, intelligence & investigations advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best recruitment consultants for senior executives, wealth managers and family offices
- The best philanthropy advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best family business advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best insurance advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best alternative asset advisers for ultra-high-net-worth individuals
- The best private equity advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best precious metals advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best life sciences advisers for high-net-worth individuals
- The best cryptocurrency advisers for high-net-worth individuals